Live Blogging from First Google Edu Summit in India by EdTech #gafesummit at American School of Bombay, Mumbai1
December 1, 2012 by Rupesh
It was fun with everyone. Spread this to as many as people you can. We will come back bigger, better and more powerful next year. #gafesummit. Please see this.
- Ronald Joseph @ronaldjoseph8 “@WendyGorton Someday these will be Google Certified Teachers and Trainers maybe! Starting our session at #gafesummitpic.twitter.com/2Gn80g0l“
- Shirin Petit @shirinpetit Expand the audience for their work to inspire students to Make it Better @rushtonh #gafesummit
- Mark Wagner, Ph.D. @markwagner Presenting “Personal Learning Networks for Educators” to close the#gafesummit in Mumbai. Interested in joining by hangout in about 2 hours?
- Google Acquired Quickoffice for better and seamless Microsoft import docs .@suaneu updates.
- Google Tips from @suaneu Questions and answers with@wendykopp #gafesummit
- Robert Howe @robintouch #gafesummit Twitter is free CPD every day. None of the negativeness or exclusive elitism of certain other online places@edintheclouds
- Sounds Familiar ! maureencullen @maureencullen #gafesummit @wendygorton @suaneu Ask a Googler session…Windows parody of google glass video http://goo.gl/YLQ3O
- Neha Sahu @nehasahu . @computermasti uses @google applications to teach Computer Science in schools @inopen #gafesummit
- Neha Sahu @nehasahu Teach to, don’t teach at. #gafesummit
- From the Google Apps Marketplace: General Audit Tool. Thanks to@itsmeJosephT @chennailady #gafesummit via Shirin Petit @shirinpetit
- @rtareva @betsy_mac RT @ASBOnlineAcad: @edintheclouds Google Sites course available at the ASB Academy http://goo.gl/X413P #gafesummit via Linda Dimitrov @ldimitrov
- Google’s 2011 Zeitgeist video shared by @rushtonh at the#gafesummit in India (puts it in a new context for us):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAIEamakLoY … via @markwagner Super Emotional 2011. Goes without realising
- It really is something special to be in a place where the idea is to change the dynamic of how learning works @rushtonh #gafesummit via @mumbaimaggie
- Checking out World Wonders Project from @Google— love it!http://www.google.com/culturalinstitute/worldwonders/ … #gafesummit via @ http://twitter.com/wendygorton
- Wonderful K-12 resource. Combination of Khan Academy and core curriculum http://www.ck12.org/about/ #gafesummit @rushtonh
- Finding the Philosophy in Everyday Life: Existentialism http://www.nextvista.org/finding-the-philosophy-in-everyday-life-existentialism/ by https://twitter.com/rushtonh
- School web pages should be a mix of informational and navigational links. Some static, some dynamic @EdintheClouds #gafesummit via @mumbaimaggie
- Loving Mark Allen’s session on #GoogleSites Layout of a site is impt based on site analytics @EdintheClouds #gafesummitpic.twitter.com/0ow9yWMi via @suaneu
- From @sbrownpeters Loving this workshop about flubaroo at #gafesummit. Gr8 for formative assessment & data collection.
- From @suaneu Kim, i love the idea of watching video with and without sound for different learnings @scubagirl812 #gafesummit pic.twitter.com/ihSSmf0Q
- Empower teachers – teach them how to Google efficiently. It’s a real winner. @rushtonh @inopen #gafesummit
- @scubagirk812 session on Edutainment – media in education – start using YouTube EDU if you’re not doing so already. Got it all! #gafesummit
- Building google Sites from Mark Allen #gafesummit Current Session
- Google Books makes sure @google makes all information accessible, even that in only hard copy books. @markwagner#gafesummit
- Google alert for me is a critical app to track a lot of serious things. Great workshop @markwegner #gafesummit
- If you don’t want to be bogged down by Google country results use http://google.com/ncr (no country redirect)
- Some cool tips for Google Advance search by @markwagner ! Helpful for beginners #gafesummit @inopen
- Google search workshop. Beginners to pro @markwagner
- Make things possible! Technology infused, Media infused, Information infused world we live in #gafesummit
- Empower teachers – teach them how to Google efficiently. It’s a real winner.#gafesummit
- Chck out http://www.wikispaces.com/ Wiki for everyone #gafesummit. It collaborates excellently with Google Docs.
- They have a video too https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=a-S78iRD6gw# …!
- We have now (Skype) for Education. They are in for some serious #gafesummit https://education.skype.com
- The way children (students) communicate through out the world #gafesummit @inopen Issues anyone ?http://pic.twitter.com/6lOUSagM
- Project glass at the #gafesummit http://pic.twitter.com/reqjChOu
- How to Use Google Gadgets to WOW Your Students http://vsb.li/hmkKgf via @mikereading #gafe #gafesummit
- #gafesummit time! Awesome group of folks here in India! Time for @suaneu keynote, follow along http://in.gafesummit.com
- Craig Johnson, superintendent of ASB, examines Google’s mission statement to compare to teaching and education. #gafesummit
- Suan Yeo, “Google is sort of an open source organization”. Interesting. Lines are being blurred about what is OSS, maybe?
- #gafesummit “We are stuck with technology when what we really want is just stuff that works.” ~Douglas Adams.
- Its amazing what kids can do when we don’t kill their creativity in the name of conformity #gafesummit
- #gafesummit 21st century teacher:teach with technology, don’t teach technology .
- That’s huge numbers . 20 million users for Google Apps for edu users.
- Open-ess is in our DNA @suaneu from @google #gafesummit
- This one will trigger some laugh. Sadly Schools still do it. Nice one @suaneu from @google pic.twitter.com/G4MhSWyc
- Thoughtful Technology #gafesummit pic.twitter.com/15HPmJ9D
- How do you use Technology in your classroom #gafesummit Plan Ahead pic.twitter.com/AgqSg3tl
- OLPC works get a mention.They airdropped(yes) some android tablets in a village.amazing what tech can do #gafesummit pic.twitter.com/SfkT1N4E
- Wow it resonates @computermasti and @inopen #gafesummit pic.twitter.com/wIGe6V7C
- Seems familiar . Old schools give me a cheer #gafesummit @inopen things have changed a lot @suaneu from @GoogleMobile pic.twitter.com/s77af2b2
- How we learn is very different from how students learn now #gafesummit @inopen pic.twitter.com/yvsmBTYX
- Some google stats at #gafesummit by Suaeon @inopen pic.twitter.com/MjA4yvLs
- @suaneu from @google starts with message from Nelson Mandela pic.twitter.com/5BCTcJGH
- We have @suaneu at the stage. He represents Google education @inopen #gafesummit
- Mark acknowledges @inopen . Here we go #gafesummit
- Great is not good enough. Our kids deserved the best #gafesummit @inopen
- The need for education (or information) crosses discipline #gafesummit @inopen
- 14 nations are participating at the event. This is superb. We are proud partners #gafesummit
- We are at #gafesummit it’s so bright and brimming . We will be live blogging at the event pic.twitter.com/mHqXzqFn
- To know more about the event log in at http://in.gafesummit.com #gafesummit
- Mark is on the stage #gafesummit the conference begins.
I am updating it every half an hour. My first attempt to live blog too.
Thoughtful Technology. Love. Peace